Thursday, October 17, 2013

Dance like no one is watching!




Everyone has an innate desire and ability to dance.
 It's not just for "trained" dancers to have all the fun.

Every now and then when I am overwhelmed with stress and anxiety I go into a room, shut the door and crank up the music and just let loose.  It's not a perfectly choreographed routine.  I find the exact opposite is best. Messy and all over the place! 
 Something about moving our whole being in sequence with music is so healing to our soul.  

It's a beautiful expression of all our cells united by our mind and soul. Not only is it fun and creative it's also an excellent way to burn some calories.  In my 20's I remember going out all night on a weekly basis and dance up a storm.  It was the best shape I had ever been in and I hardly worked out.

 Somehow we've developed the thinking is our society that when you "grow up" and become a responsible adult that there is little or no room to express ourselves this way.  
Many I believe that regular dance sessions can in fact keep you feeling younger and keep your heart light. 
 So even if it's just moving side to side in your living room or going out to your favorite dance hall, go ahead and get out 
of your set and see how dance can set you free!

No comments:

Post a Comment